January 19, 2012

My amazing potato salad

This potato salad is a massive hit on our bbq table, I make it all the time.  Also, I am pretty relaxed on the quantities here, because I never actually measure things but the key is the herbs and whole egg mayonnaise.

 
6-ish potatoes, cut into chunks, boiled and cooled
4 eggs, hard boiled and cut into chunks
½ big red capsicum, diced
¼ to ½ red onion or 3-4 spring onions diced/sliced
Bacon, diced and fried
¼ cup whole egg mayo – might need to add more, I don’t think I have ever actually measured out the mayo.
¼ cup fresh mint, chopped (or 1-2 teaspoons dried mint)
½ teaspoon dried dill
Decent crack of black peppercorns


When I’m feeling a bit crazy, I add in some wholegrain mustard, but you might prefer not to. Just a nice variation, especially when you don’t have mint.

No comments: